Kulfi is a traditional Indian Dessert, blend of milk & various types of nuts. It comes in different flavour. It brought back sweet memories where kulfiwala's cycle bell rings & light from his petromax lamp act as a call for all young & old women , mens & childrens, that cannot be ignored. We used to savor everything on that stick & plam leaves. Try this, sure it will be super duper hit in your house.
Milk - 31/2 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Chopped Almonds - 1/4 -1/2 cup
Cardamon powder - 1/4 spn
Milk - 1/2 cup
Corn flour - 1 tsp
Sweet bread - 1 slice
Salt - pinch
Kesar - little
- In microwave safe bowl, pour 31/2 cup milk & keep it for 10-15 mins to reduce it to 2 cups.
- Stir in between.
- Cut the sides of the bread & make it into pieces.
- Grind bread pieces, cornflour, salt, 1/2 cup milk and bit of nuts into a fine paste.
- Pour this paste in 2 cups of reduced milk & add kesar, chopped nuts and cardamon powder.
- Stir well & keep it in microwave for another 1-2 mins.
- Take it out from MW, allow it to room temperature and transfer to any bowl.
- Cover the bowl with aluminium foil, make sure foil touch the kulfi.
- Foil paper ensure no ice formation over the kulfi and it also retains the flavour.
- Freeze it for 6-8 hrs.
- Take it out before serving. Before serving keep the kulfi bowl in bowl of water for 1-2 sec.
- This will make us to transfer kulfi easily to serving cups or plate.
- Garnish with nuts.