Chicken65 is a spicy, deep - fried chicken dish popular in South Indian as a quick snack. This is my hubby favorite snack and he always crave for this. Considering his health, I tried in Oven and it turned to a big hit & taste reminds same as we get in deep frying.
Chicken - 1lb or 500gms
Oil or cooking spray - for coating the chicken.
Red chili powder - 1 tsp or to taste
Corainder powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1/4 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tsp each
Rice flour or Corn flour - 1 tbsp
Lemon juice - 1/2 tsp or to taste
Red Food color - 1/4 tsp
Curd - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tsp
Salt - To taste
- Wash & clean chicken & cut into desired size.
- In a mixing bowl, Add all Marinating ingredients to the chicken pieces & mix well.
- Leave it for alteast 2 hours or Marinate over night in a fridge .
- Take marinated chicken pieces before 30 min from fridge & bring it to room temperature.
- Preheat Oven for 400F, Meanwhile line a tray with foil paper & spray cooking spray over it.
- Lay Chicken pieces on the tray & spray oil to it or brush oil over the chicken.
- Transfer the tray to preheated oven & roast the chicken Until it turn golden brown color & tender.
- Maximum it will take 1/2 hour to 50 mins depends on the oven setting & size.
- In between turn chicken piece & coat with oil.
- Once done transfer to serving plate & serve hot with green chutney.