Jack fruit - 10oz Can
Basmati Rice - 2 cups
Onion - 1 medium, sliced
Green chili - 3 or to taste
Tomato - 1 small, sliced
Ginger & Garlic Pate - 2tbsp
Carrot - 1/4cup, chopped
Peas - 1/4 cup, chopped
Mint & cilantro leave - 1/2 cup, Minced
Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Red chili powder - 2tsp or to taste
Corainder powder - 1tsp or to taste
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 2 pinch
Water - 4cup
Salt to taste
Oil - 3tbsp + for frying jack fruit
Bay leaves - 1
Cinnamon stick - 1pc
Cardamons - 3
Fennel seed - 1/4tsp
- Wash & soak rice for 15minutes & drain the rice completely and keep it aside.
- Drain the water from jack fruit can & cut the jack fruit to desired shape & put it on paper towel to remove excess moisture from it.
- Heat Oil in a pan & fry these jack fruit and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in pressure pan & add seasoning ingredients & let it splutter.
- Add Onion & saute it till it turns to golden brown colour.
- Then add green chilies, peas, carrot & saute it for 2 minutes & then add GG paste.
- Fry till raw smell disappear & then add fried jack fruit & saute it for another 2 minutes.
- Add Red chili powder, Corainder powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, pepper powder & turmeric powder & saute it until oil leaves the mixture.
- Add mint & cilantro leaves to this mixture.
- Low the heat and add yogurt and mix well.
- Add drained rice, saute it for a minute.
- Add required salt & water and mix well then increase the heat.
- When mixture starts to boil vigorously, cover the pan & low the heat..
- After 10 minutes, turn off the heat & rest it for 5minutes without opening the lid.
- Drizzle some ghee & mix gently.
- Serve hot with any raitha.