Cabbage - 2 cups( chopped)
Channa Dhal - 3/4 Cup
Onion - 1/2 cup (chopped)
Tomato - 1/2 cup (sliced)
Ginger Garlic paste - 1tsp
Turmeric power - 1/4 tsp
Red chili powder - 1tsp or to taste
Coriander powder - 1 tsp or to taste
Kuzhambu Milagai thool - 2tsp or to taste
Water - 11/2 cup
Salt - To taste
Cilantro - For Garnishing
Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad dhal - 1/4 tsp
Fennel seeds - 1/4tsp
Curry leaves - As required
- Wash & Soak Chana dhal for 10 minutes.
- Half cook Chana dhal in a open pan with enough water. Once cooked, drain water and keep it aside. (Do not pressure cook chana dhal, it will become mushy).
- Heat Oil in a pan or kadai, add mustard seed and allow it to splutter, then add remaining seasoning ingredients as listed.
- Add chopped onion, fry for 5minutes in medium heat, then add ginger garlic paste & saute it until raw smell disappear.
- Add chopped cabbage, fry for 2 minutes & add chopped tomato.
- Cover & cook for 4 ~ 5 minutes in medium heat. Stir in between.
- Add turmeric powder, Red chili powder, coriander powder & salt. Mix well . Adjust Salt to taste.
- Add cooked chana dhal to cabbage mixture & mix well.
- Cover & cook in low heat. Stir in between.( if needed drizzle little water to the cabbage mixture.)
- When cabbage mixture cooked well, turn off the heat.
- Garnish & Serve with sambar, rasam rice.