Eggs - 5
Onion - 1 (chopped)
Green chilli - 1 ( chopped)
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Tamarind juice- 1floz / 25 ml
Water - 3/4 to 1 cup, as required
Sugar - 1/2 tsp
Salt - To taste
Cilantro - For Garnishing
Turmeric powder - A pinch
Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp
Curry powder / Kuzhambu milagai thool - 1 tsp or to taste
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp or to taste
Coriander powder - 1 tsp or to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard seed - 1/2 tsp
Split urad dhal - 1/4 tsp
Curry Leaves - As required
- Cook eggs in boiling water for 10 minutes, Remove the shell & cut it in to two half; keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add seasoning ingredients as listed, Let it splutter.
- Add chopped onion saute it for 5 minutes in medium heat.
- Add little salt to speed up the cooking process, When onion becomes transparent, add green chillies and ginger garlic paste.
- Saute until raw smell disappear then add all masala powder, Mix well & saute it for few seconds.
- Add tamarind extract along with 1 cup of water and bring to boil.
- Add salt & sugar, lower the heat, let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add boiled eggs to the gravy & cook it for another 2 minutes in low heat or until gravy get the required consistency.
- Adjust Salt to taste, Garnish with minced cilantro & Serve hot woth steamed rice or roti.