When I saw this recipe at Harini 's blog, I am amazed to see eggless cake so spongy & moist.,Which is so simple with available ingredients..I tried & it became a big hit in my family... Frosting recipe was taken from Taste of home.
Whole wheat Flour - 1 1/2cup
Baking Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
Salt - A pinch
Sugar - 3/4 ~1 cup
Milk Powder - 3/4 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Butter - 6 Tbsp(Room temperature)
Vanilla Extract -1 tsp
Strawberries - 1 cup (chopped)
Lemon Juice - Few drops + 2 tsp sugar
Strawberry puree - 1/2 cup
Unsalted butter - 2 sticks (slightly cold).
Confectioner's sugar - 3 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees & line a 12 -cup, cupcake tray with cupcake liners, set aside.
2)Place strawberries in a small food processor, process until pureed.
3)Add lemon juice & 2 tsp of sugar to strawberry puree, set aside.
4)Sift first four ingredients & keep it aside.
5)In a mixing bowl, Add butter & vanilla extract and mix it for a couple of minute.
6)Then add sugar and milk powder & mix them for another 2 minutes.
7)Add Milk & flour alternately to the butter mixture and mix it for another minute.
8)Make sure the batter is of idly batter consistency.
9)At this stage, gently fold in the strawberries puree. ( If need, you can add strawberry pieces).
10)Divide batter evenly to the prepared cupcake tray.
11)Transfer cupcake tray to oven & bake for 25 ~30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
12)Transfer cupcake tray to a wire rack & let cupcake cool completely in tin before icing.
- In a mixer bowl, beat butter & vanilla extract in medium speed until light & fluffy.
- Slowly add confectioners sugar & beat until well combined in low speed.
- Add Starwberry puree and mix well just blend & do not over mix thus the mixture must be dense and creamy..
- Frost the cupcake to wish...& enjoy
Linking this recipes to Aipi and Priya's Bookmarked Recipes