When I saw this Vanilla cake at Savitha's kitchen, I immediately felt in love this cake..yes it very moist,soft & crave -worthy.. Goes well with all frosting.. Try & sure will be a run away success in your family..
All purpose flour - 2 1/4 cups
Baking powder - 3 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Butter - 1 stick / 100 gms ( at room temperature)
Sugar - 1 1/2 cups
Milk - 1 1/4 cups
Eggs - 3
Vanilla Extract - 1 1/4tsp
Nuts - As required (optional)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F for 15 mins. Line two 9 - inch round caake pans with parchment paper & grease the paper and the sides of the pan well.
- Sift all the ingredients in list 1 & keep it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, beat butter & sugar well. Add egg & beat for a minute then add milk, vanilla extract and beat it until it become fluffy and froth.
- Add sifted flour and beat for another minute or gently fold it with spatula, just until batter is smooth & creamy. Don't over beat or mix. Pour batter in prepared baking pans.
- Top with required nuts (optional).
- Bake it for 30 to 40 minutes or until cake tops are golden brown color or a toothpick comes out clean when poked into the center of the cake.
- By using thin knife, loose the sides of the cake from the pan & transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Peel the paper & serve. or cover with a desired frosting