This recipe was adapted from Vahchef kitchen which is very simple & easy to make. Tempting cake, fully loaded with chopped dry fruits makes more rich & delicious. Still remains one of the most well known cakes through out history.
All purpose flour / Maida - 1 cup (or) 125 grams
Dry fruits & nuts - 1 cup / 165 grams
Spice powder ( Cinnamon, cloves, cardamom)- 1/2 tsp or as needed
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Butter @ room temperature - 1 cups / 277 grams
Sugar - 1 cup / 200 gms
Eggs - 1 cup / 4 large eggs
- Preheat the Oven for 325 degree F for 15 minutes. Line one inch round cake pan with parchment paper. Grease the paper and the sides of the pan with butter.
- Sift all ingredients except dry fruits and keep it aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of flour to the dry fruits and mix it well,
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter & sugar using electric Mixer.
- Add eggs one by one and beat it until it become fluffy and froth.
- Add sifted flour to the egg mixture and gently fold it with spatula until smooth.
- Add dry fruits and gently fold in to the batter.
- Pour batter in prepared baking pan.
- Bake it for 45 minutes or a toothpick comes out clean when poked into the center of the cake.
- By using sharp knife, loose the sides of the cake from the pan and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Peel the paper and serve or cover with desired frosting.
This recipe goes to Priya's & Aipi's BOOKMARKED RECIPES