This is my third week in blog hop started by Radhika of Tickling palates. For this week, I am hopping with Deeksha of deesKitchen. After visiting her blog, am I bit confused to decide a recipe for blog hop from her array of recipes and ended up with this popular dessert from her kitchen..Do check her blog for lot of delicious yummy recipes......
For Jamuns balls:
Milk powder - 11/2 cups
All purpose flower - 1/3 cup
Sooji/ Rawa - 2 tsp
Baking Soda - 1/8 tsp
Butter - 1tbsp @ room temp
Milk - 1/2 cup @ room temp
Oil - For deep frying
For sugar syrup:
Sugar - 2 cups
water - 1 1/2 cups
Cardamom powder - 1/4tsp
- Soak Rawa for a minute in little water and drain it.
- Mix milkpowder, all purpose flour, baking soda together in a bowl.
- Add butter to the flour and gently mix with the flour.
- Now add drained sooji and mix it well.
- Add milk little by little to the flour and mix gently to form a soft dough. Dough will be sticky.
- Rest the dough for 5 minutes. Meanwhile heat water and sugar in a wide pan at medium heat.
- Keep stirring until sugar disslove. Boil it in medium heat in for 5 minutes or til you get sticky texture of the sugar syrup. Turn off the heat.
- Divide the dough into equal size portion balls. Meanwhile heat oil in a pan in low heat.
- Fry the balls to golden brown color and soak the balls in sugar syrup for 2-3 hrs and serve chill.