Dear friends here I am going to share easy breezy recipe for quick meal which won't disappoint your taste buds. Here go for the recipe.
Long grain rice / Basmati rice - 2 cups
Eggs - 4 or as needed
Large onions - 2, julienned
Green chilies - 2 or to taste
Ginger garlic paste - 1tsp each
Curd - 1/2 cup
Chopped mint leave & cilantro leaves - 1/4 cup
Orange or red food color - A pinch, mixed in 1 tbsp water
Salt - to taste
Turmeric powder - 1/4tsp
Red chili powder - 1 tsp or to taste or briyani masala powder - 1tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Oil - 3 tbsp
Ghee - 1 tsp
Cinnamon - 1 inch stick
Cloves - 3 nos
Green cardamoms - 2
Bay leaves - 1 nos
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp or Black cumin - 1/2 tsp
Eggs - 1 ~ 2
Turmeric powder - A pinch
Red chili powder - 1/4 tsp or to taste
Ginger garlic paste - 1/4 tsp both
Basen / chick pea flour - 11/2 tsp
Oil - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
- Wash and soak rice for minium 1/2 an hour.
- Hard boil eggs. Peel and slightly cut on the white portion of each eggs.
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Add seasoning ingredients and saute for an minute.
- Add onion, saute till golden brown color then add ginger garlic paste, saute till raw smell disapper.
- Add green chilies, all masala powders, chopped mint & cilantro leaves, curd and salt. Mix well and cook it for 5 minutes in medium heat.
- Add 3 1/2 cups of water to the masala mixture and allow it to boil.
- Meanwhile drain the soaked rice and add directly to the boiling masala mixture.
- Add ghee and mix well. Cover the pan and cook it in medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Lower the heat and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- In same time, crack the eggs and mix other Omelet ingredients together in a bowl.
- Heat the pan, add few drops of oil. Pour in the eggs.
- After few seconds, when bottom of the omelet starts to set. Stir and scramble in to pieces.
- To this scrambled eggs, add hard boiled eggs and fry for an minute.
- Open the lid, sprinkle orange food color water over the rice and top it with both scrambled & hard eggs.
- Cover the pan and cook it for another 5 minutes in low heat and turn off the heat.
- After 5 minutes open the lid and gentle mix with fork. Serve hot with any raitha.