Tapioca/Sabudana - 1 cup
For this week, I am paired with Madhusmitha of Redspice for Blog Hop wednesday started by Radhika. I have selected this easy recipe from her blog which I never tried before. It was perfect with the given measurement and we all loved it especially after it cooled little bit. Thanks Smitha for this delicious recipe.
Small potato - 1 no
Roasted peanuts - 1/2 cup(remove the skin)
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
Coriander leaves - as required for garnishing
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Green chilies - 2 nos
- Wash and soak topioca/sabudana in 3 cups of water for overnight.
- Chop potato and green chillies into small thin pieces. Meanwhile coarsely ground the peanuts and keep it aside.
- Drain water from sabudana and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, let it splutter.
- Add cumin seeds and chopped green chillies. Saute it for few seconds.
- Add chopped potato and fry it for two minutes or till done.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well, then add soaked tapioca/sabudana.
- Cover and cook it for 5mins in low heat. Stir in between.
- Now add coarsely ground peanuts and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve hot with curd.
Note: Sabudana will stick to the pan first then it will change to transparent pearls after it cooked completely.
Sending this to Blog Hop Wednesday