This recipe was laying in my draft for long time and finally I made my mind to post it. I adapted this delicious recipe from Pazham Pappadam payasam and made some changes according to my family taste. Try out this foolproof recipe and enjoy your meal:)
Chicken drum sticks - 6 pieces
Red chilly powder - 1 tbsp or to taste
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1/2tsp
Besan/ Gram flour - 1 tsp ( fry in 1tbsp of oil)
Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
Garam masala - ¼ tsp
Curd or Lime juice- 1tbsp or 1 tsp (to taste)
Orange food color - a pinch (optional)
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 ~ 3 tbp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Crushed ginger & garlic - 1/4 tsp
Thinly sliced onions --½ cup
Curry leaves -- few
Cilantro - for garnishing
- Wash and clean the chicken drumstick pieces and make 2 or 3 slits on it and keep aside.
- Heat 1tbsp of oil and add besan flour. Stir it for a minute in medium heat without burning the besan flour and take it out from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all the marination ingredients and fried besan together.
- Rub this marinade mixture on the drumsticks and between the slits. Let it marinate overnite or mininum 2 hrs in refridgerator.
- Heat a kadai with oil and fry the ginger, garlic, curry leaves . Saute well.
- Then add thinly sliced onions and saute till onion turns to golden brown color.
- Finally add the marinated drumsticks. Cover and cook the drumsticks in medium low heat for 10 minutes.
- Then gently turn the drumstick piesce to other side and cook it in another 10 minutes or till done.so that the meat inside cooks well and outer layer turns crispy..