For this week blog hop wednesday I was paired with Sukanya ghosh of Saffron Streaks. I was totally impressed with her blog and bookmarked her lots of recipe. I want to thanks Radhika of Tickling palates for starting this wonderful theme which gives better opportunity to know more about our blogger friends.
From Sukanya's blog I have chosen Paneer mughlai which is one of my favourite dish and very different from other paneer dishes. Do visit her blog for more yummy recipes and information about this recipe.
Paneer/cottage cheese - 200gm ( cut in to long strips)
Boiled onion paste - ½ cup ( Boil onion for 7~10 mins and grind to paste)
Ginger paste - 1tbsp
Poppy seed paste - 2tbsp
Whipped curd - 3-4tbsp
Cashew paste - ½ cup
Fresh cream or milk - ¼ cup
Cinnamon - 1″stick
Cloves - 3-4
Cardamom (green) - 3-4
Bay leaves - 1-2
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
White pepper powder - 1 tsp
Green chilies (chopped) -1 tsp
Coriander leaves (chopped) - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 2~3 tbsp
Minced Cilantro - For Garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan to smoking point put the paneer and fry them for 10-15 seconds. Remove and drain the paneer.
- In same oil, add the onion paste and saute for a minutes. Once the onion becomes translucent, add the cloves, cardamoms, cinnamon and bay leaves. Fry for a minute
- Then add the ginger paste,saute for few minutes.
- Add the poppy-seed paste and whipped curd, mix well.
- Then add cumin powder, green chilies, white pepper powder and salt. Mix them well.
- Fry for few minutes on low heat till the oil separates from the mixture.
- Add the cashew paste and fresh cream.Mix well and add the paneer pieces and cook in low heat.
- If needed add little water to required consistency and bring to boil.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve hot with Naan or Kulcha.
Sending it to BLOG HOP WEDNESDAY & MUGHLAI CUSINIE.