Blueberry ice cream is a delicious frozen treat both in taste and color.. Couple of weeks before we went for blueberry picking and held up with basket full of blueberries. So, In all different forms I am using blueberries..This time, it is blueberry ice cream and you may see more blueberry recipes coming in my blog in the near future..
Cooking time: 15 minutesCooling time: 15 minutes
Setting time : 2 ~ overnight
Serves: Ten 1/2 cups serving
4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
2 cups of sugar
2 tablespoon water
4 cups heavy whipped cream or half and half cream
- If you are using fresh blueberries, rinse and picked over.
- In a large saucepan, heat blueberries, sugar and 2 tbsp of water together in medium heat.
- When it start boiling, reduce the heat to simmer and stir frequently.
- Cook uncover until blueberries soften and form thick syrup consistency.
- Turn off the heat, Mash and strain mixture and discard seeds and skin.
- Cool down the syrup to room temperature.
- Stir in cream, cover and refrigerate.
- After an hour ,remove the mixture from freezer, stir it and return dish to freeze.
- Take it out 5 minutes before serving and enjoy the treat..
Note: If you like the blueberry pulp, can add directly with out straining.