This is my 2 week of Blogging Marathon where I have chosen `Mixed vegetable in different form theme. In this` theme I have to prepare three dishes in different ways using the same set of vegetables. So I selected Cauliflower, Potato, Peas from the given set of veggies.
I tried this soup in my American friends house and it was super delicious and filling..All kids loved it. I have changed the recipe according to our Desi taste.Try this and sure your kids too love it..
Total time: 35 ~45 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 30 ~ 40 minutes
Serve:4~ 5 people.
2 tbsp butter or olive oil
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 cup chopped cauliflower
1 1/2 cup chopped potatoes
1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas ( I used frozen peas)
2 medium size green chilies
5 garlic pods
2 cups water or vegetable broth
1/2 cup fresh cream or half & half or whole milk
1 tsp dried basil and parsley
Pepper to taste
Salt to taste
Fresh bread, 4 ~ 5 slices.
1 tsp Olive oil
Salt and thyme as needed
- Wash and cube the veggies into bite size pieces.
- If you are using dried peas, soak it overnight and pressure cook it for a whistle and use it.
- Heat butter in a pressure pan, add chopped onions and fry for few minutes till it become soft.
- Add green chili, potatoes, cauliflowers to onion mixture and fry for few minutes.
- Pour in water to veggie mixture along with cumin powder, salt.
- Pressure cook it for 10 minutes in medium heat. No need for whistle.
- Cool and blend the mixture using blender or hand blender.
- Bring the mixture to boil. Low the heat and add cream and mix well.
- In separate pan, fry peas with little salt and oil for 2 ~ 3 minutes.
- Add crushed basil and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- After a minute turn off the heat and transfer it to serving bowl and garnish with croutons..
For mini Croutons:
- Cut the bread into fine cubes.
- Heat the skillet with little olive oil.
- Add bread cubes to the skillet and saute it for 3 ~ 4 minutes until they become crispy.
- Sprinkle salt and thyme and enjoy with any soups or salad.