Total time: 32 ~ 35 minutes
Preparation time: 7 ~ 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
1 1/2 lbs chicken
1 medium size fenugreek leaves bunch, chopped
2 medium size onions, chopped finely
1 1/2 tsp garlic paste
1 1/2 tsp ginger paste
2medium size tomatoes, chopped
3 ~ 4 green chilies
1 cup Yogurt
1/2 cup cream (optional)
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp red chili powder
1 1/2 tbsp coriander powder
3/4 ~ 1 tsp garam masala powder
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp ghee
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
Curry leaves as required(optional)
- Wash chicken and cut into bite size pieces.
- Wash fenugreek leaves. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan, add fennel seeds and allow it to splutter. then add curry leaves and stir it for few seconds.
- Throw in Onions and fry till it become soft and transparent.
- Now add GG paste and fry till raw smell disappear.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry it till it become soft but not mushy.
- Add masala powder and saute it for a minutes in low heat or until raw smell disappears.
- Then add curd and mix well, saute it in low heat.
- Add chopped fenugreek leaves and cook it for a minute, then add chicken pieces. If needed add cream at this stage.
- Cover and cook till mixture thicken to curry consistency in medium - low heat.
- Enjoy with Rice or roti.
Note: If required sprinkle little water because curd and chicken gives enough water to the mixture to cook.