If you want to fix your breakfast with in 15 minutes then here is the recipe for it..Yes, aval upma is very easy and healthy recipe which is neither tangy nor sweet but delicious..Don't believe in my words. Just try it...
Total time: 15 ~ 20 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 ~ 15 minutes
Serves: 2 nos
INGREDIENTS 2 cups of thick poha or pressed rice
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
1/2 turmeric powder
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
Cilantro for garnishing
3 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 red chilli
Few curry leaves
1/2 tbsp channa dal or peanuts
5 ~ 6 green chilli, chopped
A pinch of asafeotida / hing
- Wash the poha in colander under running water. Gently press the poha to remove excess water and transfer it to another wide bowl and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds to splutter then add remaining seasoning ingredients and fry till dal changes the color..
- Add chopped onions and fry till it become soft and add turmeric powder. Mix, Cover and cook it for 3 ~ 4 minutes in low heat.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook it for a minutes.
- Meantime with help of fork, gently fluff up the poha and to the onion tomato mixture.
- Stir gently and add salt to taste. Give a stir and add lemon juice to the mixture. Mix and garnish with cilantro. Serve hot with curd or any raita.
This recipe goes to Blogging Marathon #25 happening @ Valli space under "Breakfast on Run "theme. . Do check here to know what other are done for this week blogging marathon..