Today recipe is from Tarla Dalal's cookbook "Paneer" for Blogging Marathon "Cooking from a cook" theme. This delicious version is very simple to make but as its own flavours.. Try this once and sure you will save it in your top menu list...
Total time: 35 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 ~ 5
Sources: Paneer by Tarla Dalal
3 Cups Paneer, cut into cubes
1 cup Fresh or cooked green peas or frozen peas
1 tsp kasuri methi
1/4 cup onions, chopped
1 green chili, chopped
2 tbsp butter
To be ground into a paste
1 cup onions, chopped
1 inch ginger piece
6 ~ 7 garlic cloves
2 tbsp broken cashews
2 cups tomato puree
1 tsp Red chili powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tbsp honey
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup fresh cream
1 tbsp oil
salt to taste
- Boil 5 ~ 6 medium size toamtoes with required water for 5 ~ 10 minutes.
- Drain and Peel the skin, Puree it using blander and strain the same and discard the residue.
- Roast the paneer with required oil till slight brown in color.
- Grind the grinding ingredients into fine paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add ground paste and cook till it is light brown in colour.
- Add chili powder and tomato puree and cook it for few minutes.
- Add cumin powder, garam masala powder and 1/2 cup of water and cook for some time till the oil separates from the masala. Keep it aside.
- In another pan, melt the butter, add crushed kasuri methi, onions, green chili, and cook till the onions are lightly browned.
- Add fresh or cooked peas and fry for few minutes.
- Add this to the tomato gravy along with honey, milk, cream and paneer. Adjust salt to taste and bring the mixture to boil.
- Serve hot with rotis or naan.