Soups is a primarily liquid food generally served warm or cold. It is a combination of mixed vegetables and meat or both. Traditionally soups are classified into thick and clear soups. Where thick soups are puree of the vegeatables clear soups are extracted water or broth of meat or vegetables boiled for long time in water. For more information check here. This recipe is for Blogging Marathon # 25 under the theme "Breakfast on Run"..Let see the recipe..
Total time: 25 ~ 30 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 nos
1 medium size onions, chopped
3 Garlic pods
2 cups chopped pumpkins or 2 cups pumkin puree
3 tbsp moong dhal (optional)
1 tsp chilli powder or to taste
1 tsp coriander powder
A pinch turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
salt to taste
2 ~ 3 cups vegetable broth or water
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp cooking oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Cook dal in separate bowl .
- Heat oil in a sauce pan, add cumin seeds, allow it splutter then add onion and garlic pods. Saute until it become soft.
- Throw in chopped pumpkin and cook it for 5 minutes. Stir in between.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix well and add water.
- Adjust salt and spice. cook it for 10 minutes or until done. Puree it with hand blender or with other device.
- Transfer it to same pan and add heavy cream and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer it to serving bowl and serve hot. If needed add pepper to taste.
This recipe goes to Blogging Marathon #25 happening @ Valli space under "Breakfast on Run "theme. . Do check here to know what other are done for this week blogging marathon..
Dish in 30 minutes ~ Soups and Salad contacted by me..Do check here for more details..