Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time 45 minutes ~ 60 minutes
Serves : 4
1 lb mutton chops
2 medium size onions, chopped
1 ~ 2 green chilies split into two
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 medium size tomato, chopped
1/4 cup minced Cilantro
1 cup ~ 1/2 cup water or as needed
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 ~ 2 tsp red chill powder
1 ~ 1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
2 tbsp chopped onions
2 ~ 3 tbsp coconut pieces
2 tbsp broken cashews
3/4 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp ~ 1 tsp whole pepper corns to taste.
3 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1 string curry leaves
- Wash mutton chops 3 ~ 4 times in plenty of water.
- Heat oil in a pressure pan, add seasoning ingredients one by one followed by chopped onions and saute till it become transparent and glossy.
- Add mutton chops and saute for 2 ~ 3 minutes and add ginger garlic paste. Stir in between to avoid sticking to the pan.
- Throw in tomatoes, saute for few seconds and add all masala powder and fry for few seconds.
- Stir in water to the chops mixture and pressure cook the mixture to 4 to 6 whistle or till done.
- Turn off the heat and allow pressure to drop. Meanwhile ground the grinding ingredients into fine paste.
- Open the pressure pan lid and heat the mixture in medium heat in same pan or in a separate pan.
- When it starts to boil, add cilantro and ground paste and cook for 10 minutes or until mixture thickens to required consistency.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or roti.